Wednesday, June 05, 2013

More on Scandal

Because my friend is really in to Scandal, I went ahead and kept watching.

The thing is, the show is really, really good. Except some of my objections still stand. I'm about halfway through the second season and I still want to kick President Edward right in the face. With a heavy boot.

Wait, isn't his name President Fitzgerald "Fitz" Thomas Grant III? Yes, but I decided to name him after the most popular abusive boyfriend of our generation because Oh My God.

I love you so much it hurts. You. It hurts you.


Seriously, Fitz is a controlling, abusive asshole. He sees the woman he loves talking with her ex-boyfriend a... wait. He sees a picture someone took of his property former mistress and decided they needed to talk. So he had his agents pick her up and drag her out into the middle of nowhere without saying anything to her, where she finds him holding a gun and obviously angry. If that weren't enough, because they kidnapped her off the streets of the capital, her shoes were inappropriate for an impromptu hunting jaunt in the woods so he ties her shoes onto her feet for her.

Yeah, the supercapable woman who is the center of this show is reduced by the president to the level of a child so he can scream at her while holding a gun.

Seriously, the only way this show has a happy ending is if President Edward's administration ends with his disgraced resignation. Because fuck that guy.

President wants. Gimme.
Seriously, she says "Don't touch me". He touches her. With his mouth. And hands. And probably groin.

No comments: